- Open - Postdoctoral positions in Comparative Metagenomics and Phylogenomics
Potential research lines:Link to offer
1) Novel enzyme discovery out of massive metagenomics data using phylogenomic, structural and genomic methods. Metagenomic sequences from multiple microbiome sources (e.g. ocean, gut, soil, etc) lacking functional annotation will be analyzed. Bioinformatic pipelines will be developed to study phylogenetic, syntenic and structural similarities of novel sequences, as well as to infer predictions that can be integrated into metabolic modeling tools.
2) Evolution of gene function in microbial organisms. Functional innovations and their ancestral origins will be investigated taking advantage of newly sequenced genomes, transcriptomes and soil/ocean metagenomes. We aim at combining genomic and metagenomic data to trace the gain, loss and evolutionary divergence of functional modules across the whole tree of life. We are also interested in studying functional profiles as ecological or host-associated signatures.
- Closed - Computational Research Assistant (technician, tool developer).
Deadline: Feb 12th 2018. Link to offer
- Closed - PhD project on Comparative Metagenomics via the international INPhINIT program.
Deadline: Jan 31st 2018. Link to offer
Postdocs and PhD candidates interested in joining the group are welcome to contact at any time (firstname.lastname@example.org). Even if no specific positions are open, there might be upcoming opportunities and external funding options. Master students and visitors are also welcome, provided there is enough space in the lab.